Eleanor was born in 1882 and lived in Nottinghamshire. Eleanor trained as a nurse at the East Suffolk and Ipswich Hospital from 1913 to 1916.
Eleanor joined the VAD from the T N Department from 9/5/1916 to 23/3/1919. She worked at the Dane John House Auxiliary Hospital in Canterbury as a trained nurse, before working at Pentre Pant as Mrs Montgomery’s nurse for a while. She also worked at the Red Cross Hospital in Glamorgan, but it is not known when or for how long.
Eleanor registered on the UK nursing register in 1923 and continued working as a nurse until her death in 1937.