Doris was born in 1894. It is unknown who her parents were. She lived at 55 Willow St. Oswestry.
Doris joined the London 248 VAD as a nurse and in September 1916 was posted at Abbots Ripton Auxiliary Hospital where she stayed until February 1918. She moved to Percy House Schools, Isleworth, Middlesex until the end of the war.
Percy House Auxiliary Military Hospital
Percy House Auxiliary Military Hospital in Middlesex opened in 1915. It was the second largest Great War auxiliary hospital at the time, having 50 beds.
It was originally built in the mid 1880’s as a residential school for workhouse children and known as the Brentford District School. It was renamed Percy House School in 1901.