Gwladys Myfanwy Jones was born to John T and Margaret Jones in 1891 on Rednall Mill Farm, West Felton, Oswestry.
She trained at Hampstead and North West London Hospital from 1912 to 1915. This Hospital had been founded by Dr William Heath Strange in 1882 but due to financial difficulties had to merge with neighbouring hospitals. By 1912 the Grand Duke Micheal Mikhailovich of Russia sponsored the Hospital, Gwladys may have met the Duke as he presented the hospital with its first ambulance in 1912. For the last year of the war she joined the Red Cross Joint War department, where she would probably have been sent to France to assist with the injured on the Western Front.
After the war she became a midwife and returned to Oswestry to carry on her practice until 1935 when she retired.